I wasn?t expecting to have been on the hunt for a new pushchair a year later after having Molly, but, with the new addition to our family arriving in September,…
I wasn?t expecting to have been on the hunt for a new pushchair a year later after having Molly, but, with the new addition to our family arriving in September, we have had to find a new pushchair that works with our expanding family.
Maxi Cosi Lila
What makes the Maxi-Cosi Lila the Pushchair for you? That depends on your particular needs but, what caught my eye and sold me was this:
The next best place after your arms
My goal was to find a pushchair that can easily transform from a newborn to a toddler whilst also having the option for a second child. That way, my newborn baby will have a comfortable ride and so will my one year old. The Lila pushchair has an optional Duo Kit attachment; therefore I can either have the pushchair set up for both my children, just my new born or just my toddler, saving my lot’s of pennies in the long run.
Easy to use?
Budget aside for the moment, my biggest question to myself was, how easy is the pram to use? Especially with the added duo kit? As the thought of having two children under the age of two fills me with the instant thought of chaos, I need everything in my life to be simple and stress free as possible.
When the pushchair arrived I was pleased to see it was all easy enough to assemble myself. If there were any extra pieces, it was a simple click on. E.g. the wheels simply click into place. I was able to complete the full pushchair and duo kit set up whilst Mole was having her nap. Win.
The duo kit is a separate stroller that clicks onto the frame of the Lila pushchair without any force. I couldn?t actually believe how easy it was.
The Lila Pushchair is a one handed fold down, which folds down completely flat, allowing it to be inserted into my boot without taking up too much room. I have the Audi Q3 and there is enough room for the Lila pushchair and the stroller/carrycot attachment on top (plus a few bags of shopping).
The pushchair has options to either face me or be forwards facing. Mole prefers to be forward facing
as there is more for her to look at but I can?t wait to have my newborn facing me for that added bonding time.
An extra bonus is that the Maxi-Cosi Jade Car Seat attaches onto the Lila too, so I wouldn?t have to wake my baby up if he is still sleeping.
Maxi-Cosi Lila Cost
Lila Pushchair: ?549
Duo Kit (Sold Separately): ?199
Maxi-Cosi Lila Features
- Transformable seat with multiple recline positions for use from birth
- Reversible seat
- Reversible, thermo-regulated mattress: breathable mesh for summer time; soft warm fleece for winter time
- Integrated nap keeper to create additional shade
- Big UPF 50+ canopy with peek-a-boo window
- Rain cover and bumper bar included
- Maxi-Cosi genuine 5-point harness
- 4 shock-absorbing suspensions
- Light reflectors on the canopy
- Fast one-hand folding
- Automatic lock
- SmoothRide long-lasting wheels: new bi-material wheels for greater durability
- Front wheels can be locked for more manoeuvrability
- Removable shopping basket for easy access without excessive bending
- Easy-braking system
- Transforms into duo stroller for children close in age (sold separately)
Maxi-Cosi Lila has been kindly gifted. All opinions are real and honest.