Chicken is an excellent source of protein for your baby. Babies also tend to love the mild taste of chicken combined with the sweet tasting root vegetables we will use in this recipe.
Root vegetables are great to use as they give you a natural creamy texture.
The Good Stuff
Moles Chicken and Vegetable Mash is high in beta-carotene, potassium and B vitamins including Folate.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking. 22 minutes
5 or 6 portions and can be frozen
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 110g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 85g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75g chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks.
- Warm the oil in the pan, add the carrots and parsnips, saut? until softened for about 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken and saut?. Keep turning.
- Add the potatoes and cover with boiling water.
- Cover for around 15 minutes or until everything is fully cooked and softened.
- Double check chicken is fully cooked.
- Blend to a pur?e or leave for older babies.
- I like to use a masher so it is a textured pur?e.
Let me know your little ones favourite meal!
PLEASE LIKE SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE